I want to be a MILF

Who wouldn't!?!?!

I am back on "get the frig back in shape" kick.  This momma's needs to get her groove back soon and I don't think that Stella can help!

Contrary to Mr. Insatiable's belief, I have been eating reasonably well - but I also haven't worked out at all in forever. I swear he thinks that I sit and eat pizza every day, bon bons at night and never enjoy fruits and veggies etc.  What he doesn't know is that I rarely eat that stuff...even if I order if for the kids, a ginormous salad full of proteins, and veg is not far from my reach!!

I will say that I started to do a yoga video the other day and went through this mental break-down of why I was doing what I was doing when I knew full well, that afterwards I would likely just slump on the couch and enjoy a piece of chocolate cake.  This was also during post PMS week so I am allowed that...right?  Pre-PMS week is full of hormonal imbalances, raging hormones and the slight psychotic murmurs of me the bat-crazy momma who needs a coffee stat!  Pre-PMS week doesn't involve a huge intake of shitty foods- this is the week where I need to eat a ton of fruits, veggies and other good things....I also know that drinking water is one thing to help ease off the bitching cramps, so I do that also...the week of PMS is when things fall to shyte.  This will later be examined but let's just say that its' been bad.

Why can't my motivation stick with me?!

Anyhow,  I was catching up on some of my favourite blogs and see that everyone else has also been going through their own lapse in motivation for whatever reason.  It really sat well with me though, the fact that I need to start doing something again...

Sadly, it's even taken away my "drive" to be a better me.

My 30 year old self will soon shed skin and emerge a 31 year old so the goal is to be a MILF!!!


I am taking Sarah's advice (Running with Scissors) and gonna be AWESOME - and I'll add a dash of my own knowledge that eating right and working out a bit will really help.  I'm open to hearing what you peeps do when your motivation is nil and all you want to do is curl up on the couch or in bed and sleep away your November.

Anyhow, 2 posts, in 2 days is also a start....right?

2 comments:



Anne H said...

Any start is a good start, eh?

Sarah With Scissors said...

Hey girl... you's AWESOME! **bump**.
I just went through a "need to get my ass off the couch" realization" and yes I had a hard time staying motivated. I started tracking it and just told myself to do SOMETHING 3 to 4 times a week. 8 weeks later (through a half decent training program) I'm running 15 km a week and still motivated. The tracking it is the important part. A couple of good sites are mapmyfitness.com or one that you pay for (but totally worth it) is fitnessjournal.org.

Just keep remembering YOU'RE AWESOME! and don't get hard on yourself when you fall off the wagon.

Last piece of advise... I have learned one thing about myself... if I don't get my work out done first thing in the morning the black whole of the couch will suck me in at the end of the day and I won't work out at all. Suck it up for a few weeks and it get's easier but work out IN THE MORNING FIRST THING. It starts out as "just get it over with" and you'll feel exhausted for about a week, maybe two, but eventually you'll find you'll have way more energy during the day and you'll actually stick to it.

This is practically it's own blog post...

Sarah out (bump)