So we all know that I need another challenge going on like I need another hole in my bottle of whiskey but hey...why not give yourself a goal right??? It's all about trying things out; testing the water if you will...
The 30 Day Photo Challenge is something that you all (well..you all who know me) will hate me for doing because I am asking you to do this also; I mean why not??!!! We're counting down the last 39 days of 2010 so I figure it's about time to start making these memories... here's how it goes... each day I will be posting of the following.
BRING ON DAY 1: a picture of myself with 15 facts
fact * factoids * tidbits * welcomed information * details * evidence * the nitty gritty *
1. I love to smoke cigarettes. I am not classified as a full-time full blown smoker as I don't buy them nor do I smoke daily or even weekly..but I do love to smoke when I drink - which may lead me to smoke a few days in a row -- but then there are months that I go without smoking. My favourite brand was/is Players Smooth Regular; however, I also love Belmont Milds or Cloves for all you American friends....
2. My left thumb is smaller than my right thumb by a considerable difference. This isn't a Seinfeld-type noticeable man-hand thing or anything BUT - when I was 3 years old, we lived in this old apartment building. As a family (egg doner, sperm doner, elder sister and myself) we were coming home from being out somewhere and we came in through the garage. You know how heavy those fire-proof doors are right??? Well, I was walking through it and somehow, my thumb got caught in the door and it slammed shut. When my parents were able to get the door opened, my poor thumb was hanging there by a thread and it was the grossest sight ever (so the egg doner tells me) and really I would really sense that from this tale. Anyhow, the sperm doner picked me up and rushed me to the hospital (without telling anyone where he was going or anything -- another story for another day)...where I received several stitches....and a banana Popsicle. I will never forget that Popsicle...hmm. yum.
3. I dye my hair a lot- and have done so over the past years...I don't know why really... I don't have 1 grey hair on my body - and my husband actually thinks I do!!! He thinks that that is why I dye my hair all the time. Truth be told, I just feel super bland and dull if I don't get a semi-makeover every 6 weeks or so.
4. I was supposed to be a boy born on Christmas day named Wesley. NO JOKE!!! This isn't some tale of cross genderism or anything...but when my parents got an ultrasound done, they told them I was gonna be a boy. I don't have a twig or berries luvs...but I appreciate them for sure!
5. I hate cheesy Christmas decorations! I can't lie about this ...and it's a serious problem. I believe that Christmas Trees should be classic and beautiful not full of popcorn, tinsel and other things that guk it up. Yes, sadly this includes the paper ring chains, decorations that the kids made and other things that don't match or follow in my colour scheme. The truth of it all is that I never tell my kids that I don't like it, and every decoration they make goes on the tree with as much pride as my decorations that I have collected over the years - but really inside my heart is breaking like a glass bulb in shards of about a million pieces....This year I am able to say that I get my own tree as our house is big enough to support them!!!
6. I have never kissed a girl. I am not Katy Perry like - or like anyone else that has. It's not something that I wish to do or have ever thought about..nothing personal ladies, I just haven't. I have cherry chap stick though, so maybe one day.
7. Literally just read a magazine heading that says Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson got married?? WHAT THE FRIG?!
8. I have an obsession with the colour purple and feel that if it's not my colour it will be.
9. My dinner consisted of 12 almonds, 1 chicken wing and 1/2 bottle of water -- this isn't something I am proud of but I am sitting here thinking about food and am not even hungry...did the water fill me or is 12 almonds all it takes???
10. I have to have an ultrasound of my breasts next week. I have no idea how or what to make of this, but it's a fact that I have to go. I am nervous, anxious and unsure of what to think but I am going in optimistically!!!
11. I have had some incredibly embarrassing things happen to me at the worst of times...I feel that this is due to the fact that I started the 80's and that I can't be "THAT" friggen cool --- a good dose of humility lasts a long time right?? From dumping boiling hot tea on a friend when giving a hug to sliding under my van in mid winter on a date I can tell you that I have endured a lot...I hope it's over!!
12. I secretly wish that I lived in NYC. I would live in Chelsea or the West Village. I think that I would be a great New Yorker...really hip and trendy like. I would have a 5 bedroom brownstone or even a good loft space where the design was super cool. I would also have a cat named Obbob and a dog names Tavern.
14. Has a new tattoo sure ma pied.
15. Really is feeling better about my eating, health, emotional imbalances and over sensitive hormones since starting to write again!!! Thanks for being there ya bunch of biatches!