Drama Queen

forgotten words....
so i have been reviewing some of my drafted posts and wonder why I didn't publish or finish these darn things...

this here, from 2011 the week before my birthday... I think I had a case of the "who's gonna show up to my party" or something because what actually happened was one of the most amazing nights in my life...


every party has a pooper...party pooper; party pooper...

I am 31.
Each year my birthday remains 365 days from the last.  Miraculously it falls on the same date - which I think is convenient as far as birthdays go.
I wonder, how many of you enjoy your birthday?!?  Is it because you have time with your family or friends? Do you party like a rock star?  What has been the best birthday you can imagine?  I bet it was your 30th....people always do amazing things for big celebrations.
Being a New Year's baby, I have grown up hating my birthday.  Not what it stands for - that I actually really enjoy...but the fact that it's right after Christmas makes your celebration feel less like your birthday and more like a Saturday after drinking...Oh! Wait...this year it was.  Being a New Years Baby also means that the night before your birthday, everyone is partying and getting shit-faced.  And by everyone, I mean...literally everyone!  Your birthday consists of only Chinese Restaurants being open and gas stations...not so much in the gourmet department but as far as Twinkies and Cantonese Chow Mein, it's amaz-balls.  It means that if you were to really celebrate your birthday, someone would have to really go all the way to do something...this is known as planning ahead. Like mentioned before, planning ahead could really benefit from how amazingly convenient my birthday likes being as again, its on the same day as every year.
I recall when I turned 17, my friends and I all went into Toronto and rented a hotel room.   We drank waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, we partied at Nathan Philips Square, swam on the roof top pool that was indoor/outdoor and had a friggen blast!!  That was really the last birthday that I can recall where something special happened and where I was completely amazed.
It doesn't really take a hotel room to make me appreciative; but I asked you what your favourite birthday was, so I figured I would share also.  My 30th was really just another day...on the actual day.  Nothing out of the ordinary - just time with my family.  I did manage to plan a dinner out with our friends too though, so that was fun and full of amazing food!   This year was the same....sort of.  I didn't get to spend any time with Mr. Insatiable as he had to work after I did....but there hasn't been any plan for dinner or anything.  This year I kind of threw the towel for the planning department.
I find myself a little emotional right now as I feel that I have planned my ass off for the last while....To me, each celebration is something to really acknowledge...birthdays, father's day, holidays and successes.  I fear that my husband feels differently...
While I know that his schedule is somewhat horrible and not allowing of many days off or a lot of vacation time, perhaps 365 days is enough time to figure something out..no?

INSERT FOOT HERE!!!! 


Reflection over bitches...what the hell was I thinking.  Perhaps I had proved my point...maybe the SEXSTRIKE was worth the agony?  Who knows but what I do know is this:

My husband knows how to surprise his woman.   New Years Eve, was a blast.  One of my friends had people over, so I went there as Mr. Delicious worked.  We had several brands of cocktails - Christmas Beer (which if I can interject was FUCKING disgusting), strawberry wine and other goodies.  There were games and rock-band and cupcakes from dear friends.  There was also an amazing amount of time laughing and a surprise that Mr. Delicious actually came via cab to the party afterwards.

I don't remember being that drunk in a long long time and I do know that it was amazing.  I had one of the greatest nights ever, and it was only just beginning.  The party died down (well, not really, they are rockstars, I couldn't hang....I was wobbling and was a hot mess in the waiting so I took my que and asked Mr. D to hail a cab).  Anyhow, I remember going home and that was about it...

Next day I wake up and feel every hair on my head and see every ray of light....I'm blind!! Kill me!!! is this what purgatory is like??  No jackass this is a hangover...and yes, it's 5:30 am and your kids are waking you the fuck up!!!!!  The funny thing is that this time it was different...Mr. D had gotten up and had asked the kids to go away and play while mommy slept.

The next thing I knew it was around 3 in the afternoon and a coffee was handed to me along with a beautiful card and the kids told me that they would see me later as they were going for a sleepover.  WHAT???  where are you going I asked...but they just looked at me with big grins of missed matched teeth and told me to mind my own business.


I was almost cured from the temporary blindness and scolding headache by 6pm and Mr. D looks at me and says that while he loves me, if I don't shower he will likely divorce me for funking like death...so I take his que and wash the hangover off of me.  I think that the shower lasted about 45 minutes in super hot water because even now when thinking back, I am relaxing as I am typing....anyhow, I have my shower and get dressed and make my way downstairs and I was greeted with a glass of wine and was told to sit down and enjoy.

Is this vertigo?
What is going on here?
Sit?

Why, are you scolding me?

Really, I am not fucking good at surprises or being told to sit there and not do anything but I am also a Capricorn so while I have my own way of doing things properly, I also don't want to make people unhappy and am a perfectionist so I sit.  I sat and drank my wine and allowed the cup to be replenished time and time again by my handsome man-slave er...husband and I sit there.


I was getting quite bored with just sitting there so I asked if I could do anything... no response... I hear things banging around and I faintly hear music in the background like my headphones were on or something but it wasn't me....you see Mr. D was in the kitchen cooking for us.

Fresh made linguine with beautiful alba truffles that he had bought just for me. 

Ya I am fucking serious...the man loves me for sure....he was making a beautiful dinner for just the two of us and I was in the bag already!  God it was glorious!!!

I returned to my sitting while doing nothing and tried to remain occupied by reading, flicking the TV stations but I couldn't rest at ease..I wanted to jump in and help.  No matter my resistance, Mr. Delicious was adamant about my participation...telling me to just relax and enjoy it was almost ready...and I would ruin the surprise.

SURPRISE!!!!?

For me?  I had never had a surprise before.  What was the surprise?  Will I be surprised?

Literally this is what was going through my head...I think I felt like a puppy must whenever they see a bone for the first time... bone bone bone bone bone bone...squirrel!!!  anyhow, so I sat there wagging my tail waiting for my surprise.

I hear the final touches of the pasta being tossed in the goods and plating begins.  Fresh bread, a lovely pasta and more wine.  Yes, I am a lush - especially when I am hung over and fucking hungry.  We sat together for what seems like days in the quiet of our house (which was a matter of 30 minutes while we ate) and he leans over to tell me of the surprise...

"I wanted you to know that even though I tend to shit the bed a lot when it comes to putting you first...and I want you to know that it stops here.  You always take care of the kids and me and you have to know that even though I can't ever execute it properly you are always my first thought...so this year I listened and did it right!  I gave you what you wanted...a clean house, full of peace and quiet and some time for you and I."


Man oh Man do I love him!

He did listen...it was as if I was the Grinch hearing that Christmas song by the townspeople....as if my heart was melting and growing bigger and bigger with each word.  I couldn't believe it!  He did this for me...I was put first in his books and he showed me how...

Words cant express how that made me feel and even now as I am almost 8 months past, I am emotional thinking how lucky I was to have such a special night with my husband...and that wasn't it.  No sir, this man pulled out all the stops...

candles in our room...
a beautiful guitar and
a trip to NYC

Yes, Mr. Delicious had been planning for months with my sister to have her and I go on a girls weekend in my favorite city! 

Squeeeeeee!!!!!


Yes...almost 8 months ago, my husband showed me how important I am to him by giving me one of the most magical nights ever...and a great gift that he and my sister shared...

So today...I look like a giant ass for writing what I did I guess...perhaps I am a genius...maybe he knew what I was feeling, how I felt neglected and ignored...like the shitty end of the stick or the bottom of the totem pole...yet, today, I also get to remember and appreciate the things he does for me.

Things have been incredible with my husband for some time.  We have learned to work through the worst of every day together because if you don't you're left with a pile to sort out later and no one wants to.  We are able to enjoy each others company and have started to value and appreciate (even more than before) the fact that our best friend is the person we married.  It certainly takes time to get here...and a hell of a lot of life; however, now that I am here...I couldn't be happier.

Anyhow, I better go, as I speak Mr. Delicious is reading about Mr. Grey so perhaps I may get to be "appreciated" even more...


0 comments: